My personal style of teaching has developed through a belief that learning languages should be a lively experiential process that immerses students in culture, community and history. My experience covers students of all ages, from wide-raging backgrounds and no matter at what maybe their level.
During the past 20 years I have been living in Italy and teaching English privately. My students have included:
- Middle and secondary school pupils particularly when requiring extra tuition for examinations.
- Business professionals in banking, accountancy, architecture, I.T., Hotel & Catering.
- Students interested in English for travel and leisure.
- Part-time teacher working with students (mainly Spanish, Italian, and Asian).
Previously in England:
- Teaching English to Japanese students (12-16yrs) following a Japanese schooling curriculum in England.
- Intensive courses in Business English, where students included a class of Russian hydro-engineers, and a class of Italian computer engineers.
- Private teaching for international students studying English as a second language.