THE TOWNSEL TECHNIQUE (Voice Lessons)

Price : US $55.00

 

AN OVERVIEW FOR THE BEGINNING AND ADVANCED SINGER

 

CONCEPTS AND PRECEPTS

Why Do You Want To Sing?
As you peruse this question, let us address why you should want to sing. In order be a successful singer you must have an incessant desire to sing. As the songbird is compelled to sing at the break of day, so must the singer have a similar compulsion.

BASIC PRINCIPLES OF VOICE STUDY

As we consider these principles, one must keep in mind that they are fundamental. They are at the core of your ability to control your voice. You should make them an integral part of your everyday discipline.

1.SINGING IS A PSYCHOMOTOR PROCESS: Let us first establish here that 85% of your singing is mental (Psycho) and the remaining 15% is physical (Motor).As you strive to control your thoughts and muscles in your quest to sing, remember that they are your thoughts and muscles. You are the only one that can coordinate them and make your voice function as you want it to. The teacher can show you the way, but you've got to dedicate yourself to persistent, hard and concentrated work.

2. YOUR SINGING MUST BE A PRIORITY: How strong your desire is to be a great singer is fudamental to your development. This is one area that no one can do for you. Not the teacher, not your friends, only you. Don't Let flattery or applause from others be the measure of your vocal development. You must stay focused if you are to overcome your vocal challenges. Don't be discouraged. Be motivated by the assured realization of what changes can happen in your voice if you stay focused.

3. A GOOD TEACHER IS A MUST: Although singing is established here as a psychomotor (mind/muscle) process and a do it yourself activity, having good instruction is essential. Since most people don't hear themselves as others do, it is important that you acquire a good professional teacher. The teacher can give you the necessary guidance that is paramount to the solutions of specific vocal problems.

4. BE INQUISITIVE ABOUT SINGING:In order to reach your potential as a singer you must listen and experiment with various styles of singing. You’ll never know what your voice will do unless you put certain demands on it. Listen to other singers, from Classical to Gospel and Blues. Not only should you listen but you should watch great artists on television and in live concerts whenever possible. One caution however, don’t confuse the commercial success of a singer with great artistry. In other words there are many commercially successful singers in the popular music industry that are not artistically good singers. Ask your teacher for suggestions on great artists. Then compare what you hear them do with what you are doing. See if you can do what they do . Ask your teacher about the techniques that you’d have to learn to achieve what you hear. If you develop and maintain this kind of curiosity, your development will be greatly enhanced.

5. DON’T BE IMPATIENT:Replacing a life time of singing habits with new singing techniques does not come quickly, or easily. The way that you sing is a result of personality and your concept of singing. It took years to make you what you are, so don’t expect change to come in days, weeks or months. Be patient and be persistent in applying the principles and techniques in my book. In doing so your progress with be gradual and steady



Tutors Availability


<October 2017>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
19 20 21 
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
29 30 31 


Reviews


 Student NameReview Date 
553 Administrator 15 May 2012 21:28:49
Genetownsel1 from United States provides professional one to one Singing lessons via webcam. It is so easy to learn online from such great tutors.